1. The shape of the land, roads, uninterrupted availability of water and electric power etc. should be kept in mind.
2. According to `Vastu Shastra` the main gate of factory should be kept in the East, North or North-East of the plot. All other doors can be kept in North-East, East, North or North-West.
3. The guardroom of the factory should be in North-West of the Northern gate and to the South-East of Eastern gate.
4. There must be open space in the North- East. The land of the factory should be elevated in South-West.
5. The store of the factory should be in the South-West.
6. The North-West corner should be used for car-parking.
7. The administrative block should either be in the North or in the East.